Can you believe it, April is already here and another school year is coming to So here is a quick recipe + tips to keep an end… But that goes without saying finals are around the corner! your meals healthy.
The healthy taco recipe this month, is influenced from a recipe by Emily Kyle, Registered Dietitian.
Avocado Cream and Vegetable Tacos!
Yields: 4 tortillas
Photo By: Emily Kyle, Registered Dietitian.
For the Avocado Cream:
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon tact seasoning
For the Tacos:
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup beans of your preference (i.e. black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded greens (i.e. spinach)
- 1/4 cup fresh sprouts
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- Blend together all the avocado cream ingredients. (Set aside, we will use it in step 4)
- Fill tortilla shells with hummus.
- Add your prepared cucumbers, bell peppers, black beans, corn, greens
- Spread avocado cream and sprouts of the top
- Do not be afraid to substitute ingredients in recipes!
- Especially with a taco recipe because the ingredients are flexible.
- Choosing nutrient-dense foods such as corn, spinach and black beans are better for your health and can keep you full for longer.
- Taco seasoning is made up of a mixture of spices and seasonings including: ground cumin, garlic, onion, salt and black pepper, paprika, turmeric and oregano.
- Non-vegetarian additives, substitute lean chicken breast or salmon- another nutrient-dense food.
Have you tried out this recipe?
What was your experience like?… Please feel free to leave us a comment or give us a like!